Vaping and Electronic Cigarette insurance
Specialist advice covering all aspects of vaping and e-cigarette insurance
Anthony Jones are one of the leading brokers in the specialist area of electronic cigarette insurance. We have built up a wealth of experience across all aspects of the rapidly evolving vaping sector. If you recognise yourself in one of the following areas then you should be very conscious of the issues in arranging e-cig insurance cover and the potential risks of future regulatory and liability litigation action.
- Distributors/retailers via internet sales of e-liquids, accessories, hardware, batteries and chargers manufactured outside the UK, predominantly China.
- Retailers utilising shop premises sourcing e-liquids and accessories from mainly outside the UK, predominantly China.
- Manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors of e-liquids manufactured in the UK
- Distributors and retailers of e-liquids manufactured in the UK; accessories, hardware, chargers, batteries imported predominantly from China
- Internet sales of e-liquid and accessories sourced from UK and China
The risk of contaminants in e-cigarettes is not yet fully evaluated, leaving much debate around inhalation, ingestion and skin absorption exposures. Another safety concern is the recharging of lithium batteries presenting a potential fire risk. Add to this, the increasing attractiveness of e-cig stock to thieves and this is a sector needing specialist advice in its insurance needs.
Manufacturers, marketers and retailers of vapor cigarettes and liquid nicotine cartridges are potential targets for future regulatory and liability litigation actions.
Anthony Jones are able to offer solutions for:
- Manufacturing risks
- E-cigarette wholesalers and distributors
- Internet sales
- Cyber liability
- Retailers shop keepers package including products liability
- Property damage and loss of income/business interruption
- Directors & officers liability
More useful information
Why buy Products liability insurance as a retailer?
What’s at risk/What does the law say/Who’s responsible at point of sale?
Tobacco Product Directive 20th May 2016.
Below are links to the new regulatory regime that will govern the sale and manufacture of e-cigarettes in the UK and Europe. These links provide helpful information surrounding how the e-cigarette will be regulated, by law.
Claims Made v Claims Occurring
Health for England report on e-cigarettes
You can speak with our knowledgeable team to get our expert advice, discuss your individual risks and find a tailored, affordable solution for electronic cigarette insurance.
If you’d like to find out more about vaping and e-cigarette insurance please call Tony Ellis or Mark Stevenson on 0208 290 9080 who can give you all the advice and help you need.