We can help you find the right cover for you. Our intellectual property insurance and protection policies can now be tailored covering one or more of the following sections:
- Infringement defence, legal costs and damages awarded by the court
- Breach of an agreement, such as non payment of milestones or royalties
- Infringement pursuit
- Business Interruption / R&D costs following an injunction
- After the event (ATE) cover
- Investigation costs
Additional benefits of intellectual property insurance
In addition to providing indemnity for losses and costs incurred, IP insurance has significant additional benefits, such as:
- Providing a deterrent to large competitors who may think that the insured does not have the financial resources to pursue a claim for infringement.
- The existence of insurance also strengthens the insured’s negotiating position with any third party.
Do I need IP insurance?
Intellectual Property protection insurance has developed significantly in the last decade and is relevant to all types and sizes of organisation, from new start-up ventures to large multinationals.
Enforcement of intellectual property rights, the validity of them and contractual disputes are increasingly common and, as a result, the insurance market has responded. Policy coverage has broadened whilst minimum premiums have fallen considerably.
If you would like to find out more about protecting some, or all of your intellectual property, we would be happy to help you and we can tailor cover to suit which is as unique as you and your IP.
Please call Mark Stevenson or Tom Cowap on 020 8290 9080. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com