If you are in the Third Sector, it can be quite daunting to understand the duty of care you need to protect your charity’s assets and resources.

Depending on what your charity does, you can buy specific insurance for charities to protect its money, property and reputation. There are covers you must buy and others you ought to consider. You must purchase Employers Liability insurance if your charity employs paid staff. You must purchase motor insurance if you have vehicles that operate on public roads. Public liability insurance for charities is also highly recommended.

Trustees of charities are experts in many areas and undertake a diverse range of activities. We understand this and, as charity insurance brokers, we work closely with our charity clients to assess the risks they face and to make sure that conscious buying decisions are made.

We can help with all aspects of your insurance needs, including:

  • Buildings and contents cover
  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Employer’s and public liability
  • Business interruption
  • Fidelity insurance
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Legal expenses
  • Trustee indemnity insurance
  • Event insurance

If you’d like to find out more about insurance for your charity please give Mark Stevenson a call on 0208 290 9088. Alternatively, you can email us at